Huffin’ in the Ghetto

About two weeks ago we all got an email from building management saying that our office building would be having some roof work done, and that we may notice a chemical odor that smelled a bit like heated plastic. Two days after that, they sent an email detailing the changes in wall coverings, starting with our floor.
The roof fumes get bad right after lunch, I guess when the day is getting hot. But we all have headaches and the smell is really bad. They seem to have gone away the past couple of days, just in time for the wallpaper stripper and paint fumes to kick in. Wednesday night and tonight, in addition to the roof fumes, we’ve had serious paint fumes. Is it any wonder we have no brain cells left by Friday?
This is what the place looked like on Tuesday/Wednesday:

I work in the ghetto 2